Juliana Kassianos MA, BSc, SNHS Dip, BSY Dip
Natural Fertility Therapist
Juliana lives in Essex with her husband Steve and beloved long-haired moggy 'Zorba'. You could say she was destined to go into a health related profession from an early age, what with her Greek Cypriot father, a GP, and English rose mother, a nurse.
Juliana qualified at King’s College London and then Goldsmith’s, University of London with degrees in Human Sciences and Medical Anthropology. She then carved a diverse career out from working in medical communications to becoming Editor of a health policy magazine at the age of 25.
It was during this time Juliana became aware of the IVF postcode lottery and started hearing accounts from family and friends of their fertility struggles. She learnt how it was having an impact not only their health, but other aspects of their life too and realised the need for a more holistic approach to fertility; one that looks at the whole person including body, mind and spirit.
Seeing this somewhat unmet need and wanting to help those close to her, Juliana resigned from her job, took a few years out and retrained with a number of different schools to become a registered Natural Fertility Therapist. By combining her knowledge in biomedical science and complimentary medicine, she created her evidence-based natural fertility formula, designed to help individuals optimise their fertile health and wellbeing through nutritional, lifestyle and mindset adjustment, improving their chances of conceiving.
Soon after she started seeing clients, she was introduced to Professor Charles Kingsland, Consultant Gynaecologist and Specialist in Reproductive Medicine. Establishing a similar vision, The School of Fertility was born; a website providing an integrated natural and medical approach to fertility. One that provides women and men with the information, tools and techniques they need to feel empowered to take control of their fertility journeys.
To find out what one-to-one experiences Juliana offers and to read her blogs, visit julianakassianos.com
- M.A. Anthropology of Health & the Body in 21st Century, Goldsmiths University of London
- B.Sc Hons, Human Sciences, King’s College London
- BSY Diplomas in: Holistic Fertility Therapy and Yoga for a Healthy Pregnancy, British School of Yoga (UK's #1 Complementary Therapy College)
- S.N.H.S. Diplomas in: Holistic Nutrition, Child and Adolescent Nutrition, Herbalism, Yoga, Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Stress Management, Mindfulness, Meditation, Professional Relaxation Therapy, and Diabetes Risk Awareness, The School of Natural Health Sciences
- Certified Health Coach, Health Coach Institute, accredited by International Coach Federation
- Fertility Yoga Teacher Training, Yoga Mama, Putneymead Group Medical Practice
- Yoga Therapy and Mindfulness for Addictions, Minded Institute
- History of Medicine, Oxford University
Professor Charles Kingsland MBChB, MD, FRCOG
Consultant Gynaecologist and Specialist in Reproductive Medicine
Charles has been an Obstetrician and Gynaecologist working in the National Health Service for over 30 years. He was born in Sherwood, Nottingham, a long time after Robin Hood and a little before his beloved Nottingham Forest football team won the first of two European Cups. He now lives on the Wirral Peninsula with his wife. He has three children, two step children and a burgeoning group of grandchildren.
Charles qualified at Liverpool Medical School in the early eighties and commenced his training in Reproductive Medicine in 1988 after stints in General Practice, Paediatrics and Emergency Medicine followed by Gynaecological training in and around the Mersey Region. Charles became a lecturer in the University of Liverpool in 1989 and it was there that he founded the first NHS clinic in the region. Under his guidance, it has grown to become the UK's largest fertility service with over 1,000 babies being born each year and with more funding than any other unit in Britain. He has taught and trained hundreds of Doctors and Nurses, backed up with nationally renowned Mastership and Doctorate courses. The sub-specialty course for Doctors commenced in 1998 and many of the Practitioners working in the Northwest of England have benefitted from it.
His passion, commitment and humour were an overriding feature of the Centre, which Charles renamed in 2002 in honour of his late great friend and colleague, Jon Hewitt, who joined forces with the IVF unit when it moved to the new Women’s Hospital in 1995. Despite the continued austerity within the NHS, the unit has thrived and continues to develop. He left The Hewitt Centre in 2017 to pursue other adventures and is now a Consultant to the World’s largest Fertility group, which opened its doors in London for the first time in early 2016.
Charles is still in active practice worldwide and appears regularly on television and radio. You can often see him talking at scientific and social meetings nationally. His style is friendly and full of anecdotes, free from scientific jargon, which serves to help patients understand the basic principles of medicine and fertility in particular and how to tackle problems with a series of no-nonsense, easy to follow steps.
- MBChB University of Liverpool 1982
- General Gynaecological Training, Liverpool and Chester Hospitals, 1982-1987
- Research Fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology, Middlesex Hospital and Bourne Hallam IVF centre 1988-1989
- Undergraduate Teacher and Examiner, University of Liverpool Medical School 1989-2017
- Founder and Supervisor, Subspecialty Training Programme in Reproductive Medicine, Hewitt Fertility Centre 1998-2015
- Awarded Chair in Reproductive Medicine in 2012
- Founder/Clinical lead of the Reproductive Medicine Mastership courses at the Postgraduate Medical Institute, Edge Hill University
- MD examiner, Universities of Bristol, London and Liverpool
- Undergraduate Teacher, University of Manchester, 2016
- Examiner, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Published over 100 scientific articles, reviews and editorials
AWARDS & MERITS
- National Clinical Excellence Award 2007
- Medical Advisor, Smiths
- Industries Medical Advisor, Welsh Health Service
- Member of the Executive Board, British Fertility Society, 1992-2015
- Fellows Representative, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists 2010-2016
- Media spokesperson Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Regular contributor to local and national radio and television